Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On Finding Like Minded People

Music to the rescue once again. Its been a little less than a week since I stepped foot on Australian soil and thanks to music Justin, Steve, and I have been fortunate enough to manage not spending a dime on lodging. We slept on the beautiful beaches here for the first couple nights that I have been here and since then we have been crashing at the house of the parents of a new found friend, Ben. Ben is an aspiring musician in Margaret River who Steve and Justin met playing an open mic at the local watering hole. I would describe him as an incredibly beautiful individual, a total chiller, and would fit right into a Berkeley coop. His family is awesome, his mother makes organic lotions and soaps and his stepfather is a true philosopher/physicist. He built his own massive dual-lens telescope that is about four meters long and a meter wide and build amazing high-fidelity speakers.

Tonight we are going to play an open mic and apparently Ben was able to borrow a violin for me to play so I'm pretty excited. True enough, ever since I bought myself a towel things have been working out beautifully :-)

No comments: