Friday, April 25, 2008

Beastiality

So as no one has probably noticed, I have been a little lax updating this blog - well a lot lax updating this blog, but that's just because I have been trying to do as much as I can to write about! Well that and no one in West Australia seems to have heard about this great new invention called the internet, so I can only write something when I have access and feel like writing something, which is now! So I'm going to fire off a few entries over the next few days to make up for it. (I actually just arrived in Beijing, but I'll write these like I wrote them when I should have)

I think one of my favorite parts about the people we've met in Australia is that everyone seems to love animals. Ben, the root of our community in Marges has two canine friends, Tawny and Teabag. Tawny is basically Tony Jaa incarnate and Teabag has severe psychological issues because he is simply inferior to Tawny in every way. (Not really, but if there was ever a dog with in an inferiority complex its Teabag). Tawny is a friendly boxer who is the fastest, quickest, most agile dog I have ever played with in my life. He basically has one mode - fetch. The moment he brings a stick for you to throw his eye never leaves the stick for a second; he doesn't even seem to blink as far as I can tell. He can clear a four foot fence from a standing jump and can do it with style with a running jump. Steve took this sweet picture of Tawny trying to grab a stick from my hand about six feet off the ground. Teabag's pretty cool too, its just hard to compete with the most perfect physical speciman ever born; it's not his fault. Dogs here just seem different. Just like the people who live here they always have tons of room to run around and be dogs, which unfortunately is something that my family was never able to provide for Shine. All the plots of land around here are HUGE.

After taking advantage of Ben's hospitality for a week we crashed at our new friend Adam's place who lives in a pretty different setting. He basically lives on a plot of farmland about half an hour from town complete with two sheep, a gaggle of chickens, several dogs, and two ridiculously cute kittens. And if there were any pigs they would feel right at home inside the house because I will no longer believe anyone back home who tells me that their house is a mess. I felt like I was a farm animal along with all the other creatures that I slept with. One of the sheep, Malcolm, is a burgeoning ram who unfortunately is one of the most horny animals I've ever encountered and without a mate. For the week that I lived there, leaving the house became a fight to avoid becoming possibly the first man to be raped by a sheep. Sometimes I would get dizzy spinning in a circle to prevent Malcom from gaining position.

Oh, and to top it off there was a dolphin head rotting for several days about ten feet from the front door. Ben, Adam, and (damn it - I can't remember his name) took Justin, Steve, and I on a day fishing/surfing trip a couple hours away from Margs at Black Point (or something like that) and there happened to be a freshly beached dolphin on the rocks. It had been dead for only a bit but didn't smell at all so it wasn't so gruesome to examine. After a couple hours of surfing we got back to the car and Adam proclaimed that he was going to go bring the dolphin head back because he thought it would be cool to have the skull in his house. So we're like, "well, you go ahead and do that". Sure enough Adam comes waltzing back about a half hour later like he had just gone to the store to pick up some bread with a freakin' dolphin in his hand!

As an utterly disgusted Ben put it, "That's just bad karma man!! What the fuck??!!". I'm hard-pressed to disagree, but what's one to do; Adam's just an interesting dude.

No comments: